Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Pitchers & Catchers Report


What will the 2007 season hold for our Astros? No doubt questions remain to be answered with the pitching rotation. The lineup should produce more runs with the addition of Lee and Ensberg returning back to form. Biggio may be forced to the 6th hole by Luke 'Skywalker'. There is not much we can do about the 7,8 spots unless Loretta can play Short. We should be able to fill the 4th or 5th spot in the rotation with one of the kids. If we can do that and have a respectable and contending record, then mark my words Clemens will return for another run. Before you start with the "Why don't we just move in another direction" banter, I will just say 2.30 ERA. You would have to be an absolute fool not to let the guy come play for your team. I would feel much better with Oswalt, Clemens, Jennings, Williams and fill in the blank (Nieve, Sampson, Albers). I really don't want to endure another Wandyful season. And by the way, all Cardinals are on notice. Don't enter my backyard after tomorrow. My BB Gun is loaded and I have all the permits. Play Ball!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got my spikes and glove and can still bring the heat around 85mph. That should be good for the 3rd spot!

Anonymous said...

Dear "anonymous" there is no known "heat" around 85mph. Please donate the spikes and glove to charity.

One vote for Chris Sampson. He exhibited prowess under pressure during late September belated pennant push. I also observed him perform in person at Round Rock last year.

Clemens could be susceptible to a Yankees' offer if they peak his interest. We'll see how strong the Pettiette factor is.

I don't think you want to remove Everett's glove from the lineup. I've heard that teams that are strong "up the middle" have been successful in the past.

Ensberg needs to re-earn the third base job. How about a Loretta/Lamb platoon.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

I appreciate your misguided vigor. However, I am not on the Astros' schedule this year, therefore, the "sitting down of my ass" will not increase your chances of earning the "3rd spot."

By the way, are you Mike Gallo?

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
Are you with The Silver Bullets?

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

I am not "with the Silver Bullets." Does this mean you are indeed Mike Gallo, and you are seeking a tryout? It's not easy to find a home for 85mph "heat." Good luck with the job search. Or perhaps you're the second coming of Jeff Calhoun.