Friday, February 2, 2007

Disrespect Shown On This Blog? Earn it. The rant I have been holding back.


You may notice one Houston team's omission from this blog, but this blog is dedicated to noteworthy Houston sports accomplishments. #1 There is nothing in the Texans brief history that merits posting on the left as a classic moment in Houston sports. If you tell me the 1st game win over the Cowboys, albeit sweet, was historic and classic enough to put up alongside these other moments, then I'll tell you that your not from around these parts. #2 I will choose how I root for the Texans, and no other Houstonian or carpetbagger from the north can tell me what is and isn't appropriate. My team was stripped from me. You know the team this eight year old boy waited in the Astrodome for hours and hours to return from Pittsburgh after losing in the AFC Championship. You know the team this 9 year old boy waited in the Astrodome for hours and hours to return again from Pittsburgh after losing again in the AFC Championship. Nobody knows my sports pain, so nobody gets to talk to me as an authority on being a Houston football fan. I am a Texan fan, but it is more of a default status right now. They are my hometown team, but they have done nothing to win my heart with the exception of Andre and Demeco. We shall see what the future holds. One thing is for sure. The future has to be brighter without Casserly and Carr running this team into the ground any longer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed, the Texans have not produced any classic Houston sports moments...however, they have only been in existence for five years. Not long enough to properly elicit gloom. They are a separate entity from the Oilers and it is not fair to compare the two. If so, I recall the Oilers specializing in 1-13 seasons immediately prior to the rise of "Luv Ya Blue."

Anonymous said...

I concur, but you have made one small oversight. The lowly Texans do have one thing in common with our beloved OILERS. They did draft Mario over Bush, which would be their Buffalo.

Anonymous said...

If the NFL draft is conducted on the basis of single season results, Mario over Bush was indeed folly. It will be interesting to revisit the comparison in the future.

Anonymous said...

Excuse us "D," tens of people are insouciently awaiting your next "rant." Please, sagacious one, favor us further...

Anonymous said...

Those multi syllabic adjectives sure am tongue twisters.

Today's word: Pedantic